What Is Unresponsive Yoyo?
The world of yo-yoing has evolved significantly over the years, and one of the most notable advancements is the introduction of the unresponsive yo-yo. Traditional yo-yos are designed to return to the hand with a simple tug of the string – they are called responsive yoyos. But unresponsive yo-yos defy this convention, offering a completely new level of yoyo tricks and creativity.
Unresponsive yo-yos require a specialized technique called a “bind” to return to the hand. For those entering the world of unresponsive yo-yoing, mastering the bind is a crucial skill.Unresponsive yoyo means players have greater control over the yo-yo’s movements, enabling them to execute amazing string tricks, slack tricks, and even grinds or horizontal fingerspin tricks, such as famous “DNA”.
Unresponsive yo-yos have become popular in competitive yo-yoing. But before you start playing these yoyos, you should first learn basics of yoyoing with responsive yoyo.
- Learn about modern unresponsive yoyoing with pro yoyo player Ann Bubak in the video below!
- Start with unresponsive yoyo after you learn responsive yo-yo tricks and basics of yoyoing
Most Common Mistakes
- Not learning basics properly
- Trying unresponsive yoyo tricks without knowing the basics
- Keeping both bearings inside the yoyo